WHAT IS CARRIE'S PILATES PLUS (CPP)?
Simply put, CPP is a combination of weight training and Pilates. The studio features the hard-core, core-crunching Carrie’s Pilates Plus Workout, which utilizes the best of both: the strengthening and toning benefits of weight training, and the lengthening and postural enhancing benefits of Pilates in a circuit training sequence. CPP keeps the heart rate up and burns extra calories. The routines incorporate “old school” exercises such as push-ups and lunges; however, the support of the ProFormer™ eliminates the pressure on joints and the spine.
NEW TO THE CPP STUDIO?
• Please arrive 10 minutes before class.
• Anyone late for the class as a new student will not be permitted to take the class.
• Grip socks are required.
• If you do not own grip socks, please purchase a pair in the office before class, and please give yourself extra time to do so.
• Please Refer to Parking Page
• Cross streets; Edinburgh and 3rd Street 90048
• Inform your instructor of any injuries before class starts!
I HAVE NEVER DONE PILATES, CAN I DO THE CLASSES? OR SHOULD I DO PRIVATE SESSIONS FIRST?
It depends on your current fitness level. 99% of our new students do just fine in the “Introduction to CPP” class. The workout is intense but the routine is kept simple to make sure everyone is using good form. However, if you have chronic back pain, painful joints or a severe medical condition, it is recommended to take a private session first to assess your fitness level.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I TAKE CLASSES?
The workout is designed to work your body to muscle fatigue at which point you need to rest. Depending on your fitness level and the intensity of your workout, you will need more or less time to recover. I would recommend 3 to 4 times a week to allow your body to properly recover and repair. Some students love the workout so much that they come 5 or 6 times a week. Listen to your body.
WHAT WOULD YOU RECOMMEND IN ADDITION TO THE CARRIE'S PILATES PLUS WORKOUT?
A lot of the students swear by the combination of Yoga, particularly the Ashtanga style and The Carrie’s Pilates Plus Workout, saying it’s the perfect combo. Some recommend spinning. I would say mix it up. Variety is the spice of life. Your body has an amazing ability to adapt, so force it to adapt to new workouts and combinations. There is no best workout system. The best routine is no routine. There is an infinite amount of ways to train your body, so go out there and try new stuff!
WHAT SHOULD I BRING TO CLASS?
1. Most importantly, bring a positive attitude. Leave all your worries behind. The class is for you. You need to be present minded when working out to maximize the benefits of the class.
2. Bring a towel, as you will most likely sweat!
3. Also we sell bottled water, and students are welcome to bring their own water.
4. Wear loose, comfortable clothes that allow your muscles to stretch and your skin to “breathe”.
5. Jewelry is NOT a good idea. Your necklace may catch into the spring’s system (a nightmare to undo), and you may forget it or lose it. It creates too many opportunities for disaster (we know because we’ve seen it too many times), but wearing jewelry is a choice for you to make.
6. No cell phones during classes (please be respectful of others).
7. No strong perfumes as some students are allergic.
8. If you are about to renew, please bring your payment. Most of our clientele pay online using our automated system. Please understand that no classes can be confirmed if you’re not prepaid.
WHAT ARE THE CANCELLATION POLICIES AND FEES?
• A 12 Hour Cancellation Notice is required prior to when class begins. There are no exceptions.
• A $15 Late Cancel Fee applies if you do not cancel 12 hours prior to your scheduled class.
• If you Late Cancel you will be charged the $15 Late Cancellation (LC) Fee AND keep the credit for the class you have missed. If you No Show you will be charged a $20 No Show (NS) Fee AND keep the credit for the class, you missed.
• The class that triggered the LC/NS Fee is put back into the users account as a class credit, which expires 20 days after the LC/NS Fee was charged.
• ALL Members must keep a valid credit card number on file.
• Regular Priced Session Members will lose the class if they LATE CANCEL than 12 hours before their schedule class begins or NO SHOW.
WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO TALK TO SOMEONE ABOUT SIGNING UP AND LEARING THE BOOKING SYSTEM?
HOW DOES THE 'WAITLIST' ON THE BOOKING SYSTEM WORK?